What to expect
You are given an image such as a graph, map, chart, table, flowchart or picture. You have 25 seconds to observe it and need to then describe the image in about 30-40 seconds.
There will be around 7 different images displayed in this section including but not limited to line charts, pie chart, bar charts, image with facts, multiple tables, flowcharts, process diagrams, etc.
How you are scored
5 Describes all elements of the image and their relationships, possible development and conclusion or implications
4 Describes all the key elements of the image and their relations, referring to their implications or conclusions
3 Deals with most key elements of the image and refers to their implications or conclusions
2 Deals with only one key element in the image and refers to an implication or conclusion. Shows basic understanding of several core elements of the image
1 Describes some basic elements of the image, but does not make clear their interrelations or implications
0 Mentions some disjointed elements of the presentation
0 Non-English Oral fluency:
For Describe Image you will always use the same template. MEMORIZE IT, and consequently, you will keep a good fluency and pronunciation!!
- Grammar and vocabulary do not really matter in this task
- Speak a little bit fast
- Follow the template and speak the keywords
- Keywords are the uppercase letters in the template
- Do not STOP speak. Even if you forget what to say, keep speaking! That why is important memorize the template.
- The template conclusion is tricky, but it is important to keep you speaking when you forget what to say.
This is the template: